BASIC INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
- Controller: AUA – Agricultural University of Athens
- Purpose: Managing the communication between the Controller and website users.
- Credentials: Consent of the data subject.
- Recipients: No data shall be transferred to third parties, except where provided for by law.
- Rights: You have the right to access, rectify and erase your personal data, as well as other rights as explained in “further information”.
- Further information: for further detailed information on Data Protection, please check the “Legal notice, privacy and cookie policies” in our website.
LEGAL NOTICE, PRIVACY AND COOKIE POLICIES
Welcome to our website.
This document governs the terms and conditions of the use of the service provided by AUA to Internet users. The use of this website entails acceptance of the above terms and conditions, which may be changed from time to time by AUA.
Identity of the owner and controller of this website:
AUA – Agricultural University of Athens
Main office: Iera Odos 75, 11855, Athens Greece
Associate Professor: Dr. Thomas Bartzanas
Contact phone number: +30 210 529 4900
Personal data processing
Personal data are collected in our website for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the information you have requested from us.
- Subscribing to services, events, courses, etc. published in our website.
- Complying with legal obligations.
- Submitting informative communications through our newsletter.
The data provided shall be kept for the time required to respond to your request or query until completed, after which they shall be kept for history purposes unless you request their deletion by sending an email to the above email address. Notwithstanding the above, personal data used for submitting commercial communications (including the newsletters) may be kept, for such purpose, for an indefinite time, unless the data subject requests erasure.
The legal basis for processing your data is the consent you have given when accepting the processing of the data provided in each form.
All the information provided by you when using the different Services must be true. The user warrants that all the data provided when completing the forms required to subscribe to the Services are true. Likewise, the user undertakes to keep all information provided to AUA updated so that it matches at all times his/her actual circumstances. In any event, the User shall be liable for any false or incorrect information he/she may provide and for any damages caused to AUA. If the User is a minor, he/she shall request the consent of his/her parents or tutors prior to entering his/her personal data in any of the forms in our website.
We hereby inform you that your data may be disclosed to cooperating companies of AUA whose intervention might be required for a better provision of the service and always within the scope of strict legitimacy.
When we create mailing campaigns, especially for our newsletter, we use the email marketing automation service of “MailChimp”, developed by The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. On 22 August 2008, Rocket Science Group adhered to the “Safe Harbor Privacy Principles” agreement between the European Union and the United States of America. The information provided upon registration shall be processed by Rocket Science Group and stored in their servers in the United States. The information supplied upon registration shall not be sent nor disclosed to any third party. More information on “MailChimp’s” data protection policy is available on https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
AUA undertakes to keep all the data provided by visitors to their website in total confidentiality. Any data shall be stored in a file subject to its confidentiality and security standards following the legislation in force.
The user may at all times exercise its rights by sending its request by ordinary post to AUA, Iera Odos 75, 11855, Athens Greece.
Rights of the data subject:
- Right to obtain confirmation as to whether data concerning him or her are being processed by AUA or not, and, if so, the right to access such data.
- Right to obtain rectification of inaccurate data concerning him or her and completion of incomplete personal data.
- Right to obtain erasure of personal data concerning him or her where one of the following circumstances occurs:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed,
- the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing,
- the data subject objects to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing,
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed,
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Right to erasure of any link to his or her personal data where an obligation exists to erase them.
- Right to restriction of processing of his or her personal data where one of the following applies:
- The inaccuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling AUA to verify the accuracy thereof,
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;,
- AUA no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims,
- The data subject has objected to processing, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of AUA override those of the data subject.
- The right to receive the personal data concerning him or her in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transmit those data to another controller provided that the processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
This page contains links to other pages managed by third parties. The purpose of such links is to make available to users other sources of information within the internet that could be of interest to them. AUA is not liable for the information referred to in such links and the user shall access the contents therein under his or her responsibility and under the conditions set forth therein.
Intellectual and industrial property rights
This website and any information available on it including, but not limited to, text, graphics, icons, images, software, source code and trade marks, are protected by copyright, design, trade mark and other Intellectual Property Rights owned or controlled by us and/or our licensors. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, download, post, transmit, store in retrieval system, modify, alter or display in public or distribute in any way the contents or any part of this website for any purpose without our prior written permission except that you may download materials displayed on the site for non-commercial, home personal use only as long as you keep all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices intact.
All right, title and interest in the Intellectual Property Rights in this website shall at all times remain the property of us and/or our licensors. Customers and visitors are not authorized to use the same unless you have obtained express written permission from us and/or our licensors, as the case may be.
Limitation of liability
AUA does not guarantee that its website shall always be fully operational or that the contents shall be complete or accurate on a permanent basis.
AUA is not liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the use or the information described in this website.
AUA therefore reserves the right to amend the specifications of the products and services in this website.
What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a small file that is stored in the user’s computer, Tablet, Smartphone or any other device containing browsing information.
Cookies allow us to improve the quality of our website, to monitor which pages are useful and which are not, and which have room for improvement.
Cookies are essential for the running of our website, enhancing the provision of interactive services, making your browsing experience easier and increasing the usability of our website.
Cookies can never damage your equipment. Quite on the contrary, enabling your cookies will help us identify and correct errors.
What types of cookies do we use?
According to the organisation who installs and manages them:
- First party or proprietary cookies: These cookies are sent to your browser from our own equipment or domains – from which we provide the service you request from us.
- Third party cookies: These cookies are sent to your browser from an equipment or domain not managed by us but by a collaborating organisation, such as cookies from social media websites or those used in external content by Google Maps.
Depending on the time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: These cookies are temporary cookies that stay on your browser’s cookie folder until you leave the website, so none of them stays in your computer’s hard drive. The information obtained by these cookies is used to analyse traffic habits. In the long run, they allow us to enhance your browsing experience, improve our contents and make it easier for you to use our website.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored in your hard drive and our website reads them every time you visit us. Permanent websites have a specific expiry date, so the cookie will stop working after such date. These cookies are generally used to facilitate purchases and access through registration.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to browse and for the good running of our website. They allow, for instance, to monitor the traffic and communication of data, to access restricted areas, to complete purchases, to use security elements, to store contents to share videos or to share contents over social media websites.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow you to access the service with some predefined features according to a series of criteria, such as language, type of browser used to access the service, regional settings, etc.
- Analytic cookies: These cookies enable us to quantify the number of users accessing the website, and to measure and conduct statistical analysis on the use of the services provided.
For that purpose, the browsing in the website is analysed, in order to improve the offer of products and services provided.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow to manage in the most efficient way the advertising spaces that may be included in our website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information about the behaviour of users obtained through continuous observation. They allow us to identify browsing habits and to display advertising that is relevant to your browsing profile.
Purpose of each of the cookies we use:
Below is a list of the cookies we use in our website and their purpose.
|_ga||.mels-project.eu||Google Analytics: It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. Expiration time by default is two years, but this may be customised by site owners.|
|_gid||.mels-project.eu||Google Analytics: stores and updates a unique value for each page visited.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||.mels-project.eu||Stores if gdpr acceptance message is necessary.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||.mels-project.eu||Stores if gdpr acceptance message is unnecessary.|
|viewed_cookie_policy||.mels-project.eu||Stores if gdpr acceptance message is viewed by the visitor.|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||.mels-project.eu||Stores if gdpr is acceoted by the visitor.|
How to set up or disable your cookies
You may allow, block or delete the cookies installed in your equipment by using the setup options of your browser. If you disable cookies in your browser, some services may not be available to you and your experience in our website may prove less satisfactory.
Follow the links below for further information on how to set up or disable cookies in your browser: Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; Internet Explorer; Safari; Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad); Chrome for Android